YMM Reading List

Monday, July 21, 2008

Selling your car? Know the "facts"

If you're considering selling your car, make sure you know what's in your car's vehicle report. I found this out the hard way when I discovered that my low mileage VW Jetta had an error on it's Experian AutoCheck report. The report had an error that flagged my car with a possible odometer roll back. This made my car virtually worthless. We disputed the report with Experian Auto at 1-888-754-9977 and they agreed to remove the error.

The lesson learned here was that before you sell your car, it's definitely in your best interest to purchase an Experian AutoCheck report. Experian is considered the industry standard for vehicle reports, so if you have a problem, it'll likely show up here. Knowing what's on the report is just as important and receiving your own credit report once a year. Fix the errors before you offer it up for sale. This will save you thousands of dollars.

No comments: